- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- J.C. Penney tops views in first quarter; same-store sales up 6.2%
- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
New York -- J.C. Penney on Thursday shot back at reports that its sales were weak in the late August and early September back-to-school season and said it was pleased with the progress of its turnaround efforts.
The company said it still expected positive comparable-store sales trends coming out of the third quarter and throughout the fourth, adding that its online sales continue to rise in double-digits over last year.