- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Men's Wearhouse to acquire Jos. A. Bank for $1.8 billion
- Brookstone files Chapter 11; seeks sale to Spencer’s
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
New York City -- Speaking at the Goldman Sachs 18th Annual Global Retailing Conference in New York City, Myron Ullman III, chairman and CEO of J.C. Penney Co., expressed confidence that the chain is well positioned for the holiday selling season. However, he noted that uncertain economic conditions have caused the chain to pull back on its expectations.
Ullman noted that customers are still purchasing promotionally priced items along with full-priced goods.