- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
- J.C. Penney tops views in first quarter; same-store sales up 6.2%
- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
Plano, Texas -- J.C. Penney announced Wednesday a partnership with Canadian fast-fashion brand Joe Fresh that will see some 700 Joe Fresh in-store boutiques open in J.C. Penney department stores in April 2013.
The move is part of J.C. Penney’s plan to ramp up its store-in-store offerings. The retailer previously announced similar partnerships with Levi’s and other denim brands to augment its current Sephora and MNG by Mango in-store offerings, among others. J.C. Penney's goal under new CEO and former Apple exec Ron Johnson is to launch two or three shop-in-shops per month with a goal of reaching 80 to 100 by 2015.
Joe Fresh women’s apparel will also be sold on JCP.com. Financial terms of the partnership weren’t disclosed.