- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- J.C. Penney tops views in first quarter; same-store sales up 6.2%
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
Plano, Texas -- J.C. Penney said Tuesday it has launched its nationwide Holiday Giving Tour, which entails a 12-day giving spree during which the retailer carries out acts of generosity in a new city each day.
Events include Christmas tree lighting, ice skating, Santa visits and tobogganing.
The tour kicks off Nov. 27 with a live holiday performance by Grammy Award-winning artist John Legend, followed by free ice skating, skate rentals and hot chocolate in Manhattan's Citi Pond at Bryant Park.
The tour will conclude on Dec. 8 in Los Angeles with a free holiday concert outside a J.C. Penney store, performed by country artist Blake Shelton.