- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- CSA First Look: J.C. Penney's Brooklyn Debut
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- J.C. Penney tops views in first quarter; same-store sales up 6.2%
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
Dallas -- J.C. Penney announced it will celebrate Black Friday with its only sale of the year. The retailer said more than 1,100 J.C. Penney stores will open their doors at 6 a.m. on Black Friday to offer low prices on gifts for the entire family — with no coupons or rebates required. Associates throughout the store will be equipped with mobile checkout devices.
“Black Friday is America’s greatest shopping tradition and we’re celebrating the occasion with our only sale of the year,” said Ron Johnson, CEO. “It’s our way of kicking off the holiday season and saying, ‘Merry Christmas, America!’”
Throughout the holiday season, J.C. Penney associates will hand out more than 80 million buttons to customers at J.C. Penney stores — no purchase required. Each collectible button features one of 50 classic designs and whimsical expressions reflecting wonderful holiday traditions. A unique code on the back can be entered online at jcp.com/christmas for a one in four chance of winning a gift.