- Office Depot's global headquarters earns Energy Star certification
- Kohl’s named 2011 Energy Star Partner of the Year
- For Large Retailers, Energy Savings Starts with Big Data
- LEED for Retail and LEED Volume Program make their official debuts
- Office Depot stores hold top three energy-efficiency spots in EPA competition
Asheville, N.C. -- Ingles Markets’ new store in Mills River, N.C., has received an Energy Star certification from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that recognizes the energy efficiency of the store’s design. The store was awarded the certification after meeting strict EPA guidelines for the estimated energy use of the building.
“Energy efficiency is a priority for Ingles Markets and the Energy Star certification highlights our goal of building energy efficient stores,” said Robert P. Ingle II, CEO, Ingles Markets, which operates 203 supermarkets.
“We continue to work with our architects and contractors to ensure that our stores are energy efficient to be good stewards of our resources and to hold down overhead costs to maintain low prices for our customers.”