- Starbucks expands mobile payment options
- Orvis expands mobile strategy with apps powered by Digby
- Parago launches first rebate app for iPhone, Android
- Cabela’s launches iPhone and Android rich apps powered by Digby
- Motorola Solutions unveils tablet built for enterprise users; first solutions focused on retail
Burlington, Ontario -- Ikea Canada announced Tuesday that it is one of three pilot countries to bring store information via Android phones or iPhones.
Effective May 2, the Ikea Mobile Shopping Application will enable customers to browse Ikea's product range, check product information and stock availability. The new application also allows the creation of shopping lists that include the product's location for pick up in the store. Customers can also access a store map on their phone to make navigating through the store easier.
"We recognize that smartphones are changing consumer behavior and our customers are increasingly relying on their mobile phones to get the information they need," said Kerri Molinaro, president, Ikea Canada. "Ten percent of all traffic to the Ikea.com websites in March 2012 was from a mobile, which translates into an annual increase of 250%."
The Ikea Mobile Shopping application, available in both French and English, works alongside Ikea's new mobile-friendly website and catalog app to provide a seamless "Ikea on the Go" experience.