- Let the converged retailing evolution begin
- Congress extends implementation date of final rule governing gift cards
- Fast-fashion retailers slow down to engage with customers
- Ensuring PCI DSS compliance without going broke or sacrificing your customers’ experience
- Survey: Back-to-school sales may soar 16%
New York -- Self-checkout technology continues to rise in importance at retailers in North America, according to a new study by IHL Group.
The 2012 North American Kiosk Study finds that self-checkout shipments are increasing 8% year to year, with self-checkout transactions exceeding $255 billion annually in North America. Kooking Transactions are growing better than 7% per year in North America, and expected to grow past $1.0 trillion by 2014.
The tracks the the shipments, installed base, and revenue turn through kiosks in 5 different categories: self-checkout, ticketing, check-In, postal, food ordering, and other kiosks (which is inclusive of DVD rentals). For more, visit ihlservices.com/ihl/