- Home centers among Irene’s retail winners, apparel stores lose out
- Barneys Co-Op Named Store of the Year in CSA Design Competition
- Home Depot Q1 net income rises, beats Street
- WD Partners has contract to develop high-performance Home Depot store
- Home Depot raises 2010 guidance; 10 new stores planned for 2011
New York City -- The Home Depot has closed its last store in Beijing, highlighting the difficulties that some western companies face when trying to transplant foreign business models into China.
Home Depot, which has closed five stores on the mainland in the past two years, is struggling to find the right business format for one of the world’s most difficult home-improvement markets, local analysts said.