- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- Home Depot launches ‘Spring Black Friday’ sale
- Home Depot opens direct fulfillment center to support online
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
New York City -- The Home Depot has closed its last store in Beijing, highlighting the difficulties that some western companies face when trying to transplant foreign business models into China.
Home Depot, which has closed five stores on the mainland in the past two years, is struggling to find the right business format for one of the world’s most difficult home-improvement markets, local analysts said.