- Home Depot launches ‘Spring Black Friday’ sale
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Home Depot Q2 profit surges 14%
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
New York City -- The Home Depot has closed its last store in Beijing, highlighting the difficulties that some western companies face when trying to transplant foreign business models into China.
Home Depot, which has closed five stores on the mainland in the past two years, is struggling to find the right business format for one of the world’s most difficult home-improvement markets, local analysts said.