- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- Regular Cleaning of Condenser Coils in Refrigeration and Freezer Appliances Results in Maximum Efficiency
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- OfficeMax accelerates e-commerce innovation
Atlanta – The Home Depot is recalling about 107,000 Chinese-made fan heaters because the fan's plastic housing can melt, deform and catch fire during use, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The Soleil portable fan heaters, marked with model number LH-707, cost about $15 each, and Home Depot will issue a full refund for the purchase price.
The heaters were sold between September 2012 and May 2013 for about $15 each. The CPSC says there have been 464 reports of fans melting, but no injury or property damage has been reported.