- Home centers among Irene’s retail winners, apparel stores lose out
- Home Depot Q1 net income rises, beats Street
- Home Depot increases share buyback plan and reaffirms outlook
- WD Partners has contract to develop high-performance Home Depot store
- Home Depot raises 2010 guidance; 10 new stores planned for 2011
Atlanta -- Home Depot reported Tuesday that profit for the first quarter rose a healthy 27.5% to $1.04 billion, aided by warmer weather during the period.
Sales rose 6% to $17.81 billion from $16.8 billion, missing analysts’ forecasted $17.89 billion in revenue. The company boosted its 2012 outlook based on year-to-date performance. Same-store sales increased 5.8% in the quarter, with a strong 6.1% gain in the United States.