- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- Home Depot opens direct fulfillment center to support online
- Bloomberg: Home Depot cutting health benefits for 20,000 part-timers
- Home Depot expects eight new stores, 5% sales growth in fiscal 2014
- Home Depot plans 80,000 spring hires
Atlanta -- Home Depot reported Tuesday that profit for the first quarter rose a healthy 27.5% to $1.04 billion, aided by warmer weather during the period.
Sales rose 6% to $17.81 billion from $16.8 billion, missing analysts’ forecasted $17.89 billion in revenue. The company boosted its 2012 outlook based on year-to-date performance. Same-store sales increased 5.8% in the quarter, with a strong 6.1% gain in the United States.