- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Bloomberg: Home Depot cutting health benefits for 20,000 part-timers
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Report: Home Depot expands Redbeacon service
Chicago, The Home Depot is aiming to attract more female customers and soften up its image with its new catalog-only home decor business, according to a report by The Chicago Tribune. The Home Depot Direct catalog features merchandise vignettes and has Pottery Barn-like overtones. The similarities were acknowledged by Harvey Seegers, president of Home Depot Direct.
“I wouldn't say we are trying to create the Williams-Sonoma (Pottery Barn’s parent) look and feel, but it is designed to be a high-end presentation, the kind that people associate with Williams-Sonoma,” said Seegers in the article.