- Bloomberg: Home Depot cutting health benefits for 20,000 part-timers
- Zales returns to full-year profitability
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Report: Home Depot expands Redbeacon service
Atlanta, The Home Depot reported second-quarter net earnings of $1.8 billion, up 17.1%, for the second quarter of fiscal 2005, compared with $1.5 billion for the same quarter last year. Comparable-store sales growth was 4.0%.
The company posted record sales of $22.3 billion, record operating margin of 12.75%, and record net earnings of $1.8 billion.
“In the second quarter, we continued our focus on improving operating efficiencies and drove the highest operating margin in our company’s history,” said Carol Tome, executive VP and CFO.