- dd’s Discounts to open in downtown Portland, Oregon
- Uniqlo to enter Los Angeles market in September; announces five locations
- Target to open smaller-format Express stores in Northern California
- Polaroid Fotobar, The Linq, Las Vegas
- Ross Stores names chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler as new CEO
Huntington Beach, Calif. -- Colton, Calif.-based Hodgdon-Miank Construction announced that it has completed the first phase of a major renovation of the Pierside Pavilion, a four-level mixed-use complex located in downtown Huntington Beach, Calif.
The $2 million renovation converted a former Mann 6 Theatre into 33,049 sq. ft. of multi-use Class A office and restaurant space. Phase II will include an office upgrade and the addition of a live entertainment venue.
As part of the first phase, Hodgdon-Miank performed extensive interior and exterior modifications to the mixed-use center, and renovated a two-level, 118,790-sq.-ft. subterranean parking structure. To accommodate the re-use, the building required considerable structural upgrades on all four levels, including additional brace frames, column strengthening, enlarged footings and removal of a majority of the original theater floors to meet the new design load. Approximately 6,200 sq. ft. of mezzanine was added for additional office space.
Hodgdon-Miank Construction worked closely with Eco Barnes Design Group, Ficcadenti & Waggoner structural engineers and the City of Huntington Beach.