- Hibbett Sports Q4 profit up; 50 to 55 new stores on tap for 2011
- Hibbett Sports Q1 earnings surge 23%, to open 40 net new stores
- Hibbett profit increases 24%; opening 55 to 60 stores
- Hibbett Sports launches e-commerce site via Dreams partnership
- Hibbett Sports profit leaps 27% in Q4, to open 40 net new stores
Birmingham, Ala. -- Hibbett Sports Inc. said that its third-quarter profit jumped 27%, amid strong demand for shoes and apparel. The results beat Wall Street expectations and Hibbett raised its earnings forecast for the full year.
For the quarter ended Oct. 29, the sporting-goods chain reported net income of $16 million, up from $12.6 million in the year ago period. Sales increased 11% to $185.2. Same-store sales rose 7%.