- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- TargetExpress format in works
Birmingham, Ala. -- Hibbett Sports reported Friday that net income for the quarter ended Oct. 27 climbed 18.8% to $19 million, compared with $16 million in the year-ago period.
Sales rose 9.6% to $202.9 million, and same-store sales increased 6.4%.
The sporting goods retailer said it is on track to open 57 to 60 new stores in fiscal 2013, expand approximately 17 high-performing stores, and close up to 18 stores.