- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- SAP uses social sentiment to analyze back-to-school shopping
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
New York Harris Teeter plans to build 15 new stores this year as part of an effort to remain prosperous in an increasingly competitive environment, managers of its parent company said Thursday.
"We believe this focus will continue to set us apart," said Tad Dickson, CEO of Ruddick Corp. Dickson spoke at the company's annual shareholders meeting in Charlotte.
In addition to building new stores, the company will remodel seven. Harris Teeter, which has more than 160 grocery stores in six states, opened 19 new stores last year.