- Supreme Court blocks massive job discrimination suit against Wal-Mart
- Office Depot's global headquarters earns Energy Star certification
- California Supreme Court opens potential floodgate for lawsuits based on retailers’ collection of Zip codes
- Retailers beware or rejoice?
- Wal-Mart sex discrimination case hits possible court block by Supreme Court
New York -- Grupo Gigante wants buy the 50% stake in the Mexican unit of Office Depot that it does not already own.
The Mexican retailer on Thursday said it has offered 8.78 billion pesos ($687.34 million) to buy the stake, Reuters reported.
In March, Gigante entered into a joint venture with Petco Animal Supplies to open at least 50 stores in Mexico and other Latin American countries over seven years.