- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Office Depot names former Toys 'R' Us exec as executive VP of retail
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Hobby Lobby wins ruling in Supreme Court
New York -- Grupo Gigante wants buy the 50% stake in the Mexican unit of Office Depot that it does not already own.
The Mexican retailer on Thursday said it has offered 8.78 billion pesos ($687.34 million) to buy the stake, Reuters reported.
In March, Gigante entered into a joint venture with Petco Animal Supplies to open at least 50 stores in Mexico and other Latin American countries over seven years.