- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Redeveloping Retail: America’s Top Redevelopers
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Verdugo v. Target: Does A Retailer Have A Common Law Duty to Have an AED Available?
Austin, Texas -- Golfsmith International announced it will open its first retail stores outside the United States, in South Korea, which it called the fastest growing golf market in the world.
Golfsmith is opening the store in partnership with Golfzon Co., one of the world-largest sellers of virtual golf simulation systems. Under the terms of the agreement, the new stores will be branded Golfsmith and operated by Golfzon.
“With three million golfers already in South Korea our agreement with Golfzon further signals Golfsmith's global strategy to build relationships that develop, manage and market Golfsmith and its brands," said Golfsmith chairman and CEO Martin Hanaka. "Golfzon 's keen understanding of the South Korean golf market and its solid customer base make them a strong partner in one of the biggest golf markets in the world.”