- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Cybersecurity and HVAC: Are You Vulnerable?
Annapolis, Md. Jacksonville, Fla.-based Regency Centers announced the Nov. 12 opening of a 59,515-sq.-ft. Giant Food store at Village at Lee Airpark, in Annapolis, Md.
The shopping center is adjacent to Lee Airport, five miles southwest of historic downtown Annapolis.
Giant will include a pharmacy, bakery, deli, floral department and fresh seafood and will employ approximately 200 associates. Giant estimates that about 80 new positions will be created with this store opening.
In addition to the new grocer, the 84,255-sq.-ft. shopping center will feature national, regional and local retailers, restaurants and service businesses. A variety of merchants are slated to open beginning in early 2011, including GNC; Subway; Hair Cuttery; Panera Bread; Orchid Nails & Spa; Hong Kong Express and TD Bank.
In February 2009, Regency pursued the shopping center opportunity as a part of the company’s strategy to expand its presence in Anne Arundel County. The location presented an opportunity to pull together a development program where the tenants’ customer base was already in place. Construction began in January 2010.