- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
New York City, Apparel merchant G+G Retail Inc. named Melanie B. Cox president and CEO. She was most recently president of Gymboree. Her resume also includes stints with Wet Seal and Contempo Casuals.
In other executive news, Goody’s Family Clothing Inc. named Frederick J. Mershad its new president and chief merchandising officer. Mershad joins Goody’s from the University of Dayton, where he was an executive in residence for the School of Business. Prior to that, he was chairman, president and CEO of Elder-Beerman Stores Corp.