- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- JDA Software announces departure of CEO Hamish Brewer; names interim chief
- Kohl's, Toshiba partner with Plug and Play in retail accelerator program
- Promotions help drive June sales; Costco same-store sales up 6%
Stamford, Conn. -- GE Capital Retail Bank has announced a multi-year renewal to continue providing financing for customers of Discount Tire, the nation’s leading independent tire retailer. GE Capital’s Retail Finance business, the operating entity that provides financial solutions to retailers and dealers to help grow their customer sales, will continue to manage the Discount Tire relationship and service the account.
The Discount Tire CarCareOne credit card program, which began in 1997, provides customers with convenient payment options and benefits for their full-service tire replacement, wheel, and maintenance and repair purchases at any of the company’s more than 800 stores and online at discountire.com or tires.com. Cardholders can qualify for rebates, promotional financing terms, exclusive savings, e-bill and e-payment, and other options.
“The CarCareOne financing program is an essential tool for supporting our growth initiatives and an important part of our service offering, giving customers payment options that enable them to budget for planned and unplanned auto care,” said Christian Roe, CFO, Discount Tire, which operates more than 800 stores in 23 states. “GE Capital understands the needs of our customers and our business as we continue to evolve.”