- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
New York City -- Gap has chosen Manhattan's Upper West Side for its second freestanding Athleta store, Crain’s New York Business reported.
The report said has signed a lease to open a 3,500-sq.-ft. Athleta at 216 Columbus Ave. at W. 70th Street. The store will open in the fall, and Gap is already seeking more New York area locations, according to Crain's.
Gap bought Petaluma-based Athleta, a catalog and website that sell women's athletic clothes, for $150 million in 2008.