- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
San Jose, Calif. -- Verifone Systems said Tuesday that it has secured a deal with French department store chain Galeries Lafayette to handle its payment solutions and services over a five-year contract period.
The agreement includes managed services, software, helpdesk and 3,200 of VeriFone’s VX 820 advanced PIN acceptance devices that support credit, debit and EMV transactions, and include integrated NFC/contactless technology for alternative payments.
The central component of the VeriFone solution is PAYware Wynid, a managed services platform that will encompass all Galeries Lafayette payments across the chain, including cross-border payments from the retailer’s German operation. Galeries Lafayette will also utilize VeriFone’s encryption and tokenization services to ensure the most secure payments environment.
“VeriFone was able to provide the most comprehensive payments solution to suit our needs over the foreseeable future, including encryption and tokenization of EMV payment transactions,” said Laurent Singer, director of data systems, Galeries Lafayette.
Galeries Lafayette is one of the largest retailers in France -- and operator of the biggest retail store in Paris with 750 card acceptance stations.