- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
- Former Saks CEO Sadove to lead new tech-focused division at Traub Associates
- Talking Real Estate With Corey Bialow
New York -- The New York Times reported Thursday about Allen Questrom’s on-air visit with CNBC for its Fast Money Halftime Report, during which the former J.C. Penney CEO was very candid about his disapproval of new chief Ron Johnson’s approach to leadership.
Questrom criticized Johnson's decision to kill discounts at the retailer:"[Johnson’s] first part of the strategy, which is the elimination of the discounts and the coupons, has clearly been a failure, from my vantage point.” Also, “I'm shocked that they're going forward with this without even testing one or two stores to see how the customers like it.”
To read the interview recap, click here.