- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- ICSC’s Terrorist Awareness Training Program
Chicago Food 4 Less celebrated the opening of its newest store in Chicago's Austin neighborhood on Sunday, April 27. The new 58,020-sq.-ft. Food 4 Less is located on West North Avenue in the Washington Square Shopping Center.
"We are very excited to cast a vote of confidence in Chicago's Austin neighborhood with this major investment in the community," said Jeff Albrecht, VP and general manager for Food 4 Less' Midwest Division.
The new store is expected to help boost the area's economy and attract additional investment and development to the Westside Chicago community, the company said. The new Food 4 Less is the first supermarket to open in the area in many years. The store is opening in a building formerly occupied by Grand Mart and Cub Foods.
The new Food 4 Less store will employ approximately 140 people, most from the immediate community.