- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- OfficeMax accelerates e-commerce innovation
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
Change — how to make it happen and effectively manage it — topped the agenda at Chain Store Age’s 10th annual Executive SPECS conference. Executives from some of the nation’s leading retail and restaurant chains and suppliers and service providers in store planning, construction and facilities management attended the event, which was held in November at Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa, Las Vegas.
Executive SPECS is designed as a high-level forum where executives can come together for informal business networking and partnering. Another hallmark of the event is a custom-designed management development program. This year, Peter Sheahan, CEO of Change Labs, led the discussion, with a dynamic presentation that included plenty of interaction and discussion among attendees.
Retailers and suppliers at Executive SPECS also had the opportunity to participate in face-to-face “information exchange” meetings. These meetings allowed the retailers to discuss their needs and goals with individual suppliers in a direct and time-efficient manner.
Beyond the meetings, there was plenty of opportunity for networking and informal discussions over meals and during the breaks.