- Dunkin’ Donuts to open 86 new units in nation’s capital by 2020
- Dunkin’ Donuts to open 500 stores in India via franchise with local partner
- Dunkin’ Donuts announces agreement for 16 new locations across Florida
- Dunkin’ Donuts signs agreements for 12 new units in Tampa
- Dunkin’ Donuts looks to expand West
New York City, Dunkin' Donuts said on Friday it will open its first shop in Shanghai this spring as part of its move into the Chinese market. It plans to open some 100 shops in Shanghai during the next decade.
Dunkin's Shanghai shops will feature—in addition to its regular fare—items tailored for local tastes, including honeydew melon doughnuts and mochi rings, which are similar to doughnuts but are made with rice flour.
The chain has been courting larger franchisees and moving away from the smaller entrepreneurs who were a key component of its early growth.