- Haagen-Dazs Shoppe partners with Buxton to map out expansion strategy
- Fast-fashion retailers slow down to engage with customers
- Handicapping healthcare reform’s impact on retailers
- Ensuring PCI DSS compliance without going broke or sacrificing your customers’ experience
- Congress extends implementation date of final rule governing gift cards
Atlanta -- M-commerce provider CorFire said Thursday that it is providing virtual mobile payment capabilities to Dunkin' Donuts.
The technology supports Dunkin' Donuts' recently launched mobile app, which eliminates the need for physical cards and enables consumers to gift via SMS, email and social networks.
The Dunkin' App is technology agnostic and the solution, which works on most smartphones, delivers Dunkin' Donuts franchisees with payment and gifting solutions that drive customer loyalty while providing cost savings.
In addition to mobile payment options, the app developed by CorFire incorporates social media functions such as mobile gifting options through social media (i.e. Facebook), to mobile devices, via email and text message. Senders can view the status of sent gift cards (as unclaimed or delivered) to ensure cards are utilized along with notifications and reminders about gift redemption.
"The consumer feedback we've received to date has been extremely positive, as this completely virtual mobile application delivers the convenience, security and user-friendly applications our guests need to make the most of their shopping and gifting experiences in our restaurants," said Scott Hudler, VP of global consumer engagement at Dunkin' Brands.