- Dunkin’ Donuts looks to expand California presence to 1,000 locations
- Dunkin' Donuts signs deal for 46 locations in South California
- Starbucks' new Teavana Fine Teas + Tea Bar format debuts in New York City
- Dunkin’ Donuts plans 12 new Detroit-area stores
- Another first for Starbucks: Store on a train
Canton, Mass. — Dunkin’ Brands Group, parent of Dunkin’ Donuts, beat Wall Street expectations by more than doubling its second-quarter profit. The company reported a profit of $40.8 million for the period ended June 29, up from $18.5 million a year ago. The year-earlier period included a $20.7 million increase in a litigation reserve.
Revenue increased 5.9% to $182.5 million from $172.4 million. U.S. same-store sales rose 4% at Dunkin' Donuts shops and improved 1.6% at Baskin-Robbins shops.