- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Dunkin' Donuts signs deal for 46 locations in South California
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
Canton, Mass. -- Dunkin' Donuts has 86 new restaurants slated for development in the Washington, D.C., market by 2020. The company said 15 development agreements were signed over the past year that will deliver 64 new restaurants, in addition to 22 restaurants that were previously contracted.
"Washington, D.C., has been a priority growth market for Dunkin' Donuts and these 15 agreements have essentially sold out Dunkin' Donuts development opportunities in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area," said Grant Benson, CFE, VP franchising and market planning, Dunkin' Brands. "These deals represent a 50% increase in rooftops from the 125 restaurants in the market right now."
Hank Huth, an existing franchisee since 2008, signed the largest agreement for a total of 38 units, which includes the acquisition of 16 existing restaurants, as well as purchasing a central manufacturing location in Washington, D.C.