- Duane Reade launches holiday photo contest on Facebook
- IBM: Physical stores will turn the tables in five years as buying local beats online
- Private equity could ramp up ROI by emphasizing brands, customers
- Duane Reade launches Facebook photo contest for Halloween
- IBM helps Asian retailer expand into 15 markets
Strongsville, Ohio -- The IBM Retail User Group announced Thursday that drugstore retailer Duane Reade is the winner of its 2011 Retail Innovation Award.
The award, which was accepted by Richard Gilbert, director of store systems for Duane Reade, was presented at the User Group’s 34th annual conference in Orlando, Fla., in May.
The innovative solution provider Retail Tech jointly with RTC Group and Agilysys were also honored with the 2011 Retail Solution Innovation Award.
The award was based on Duane Reade’s replacement of hardware and software to comply with the parent company directive to interface to a common pharmacy solution, in a limited span of time, with a limited budget.