- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday 2013 — Shopper Social Sentiment
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
From Xboxes and LeapPads to Elmos and Legos, these last-minute shopping days are all about toys.
Historically, the performance of the toy market during the holiday season is a major economic indicator. With the shopping season starting earlier, and with more purchasing channels along with the growing influence of social media, this year's retail haul is proving to be more competitive than ever.
To help measure the year's key shopping trends, SAP created a dynamic social dashboard based on the Toys "R" Us Fabulous 15 Toy List. In this dashboard, you'll uncover real-time, actionable insights on the 2013 holiday shopping season, including:
- Mentions – How often are consumers talking about each toy?
- Net sentiment – What are consumers’ attitudes toward a product?
- Geography – Where is each toy being discussed?
- Gender breakdown – Who is talking about each toy the most?