- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
City of Commerce, Calif. -- Stephane Gonthier, COO of Canadian dollar store chain Dollarama Inc., is leaving that company to take the role of president and CEO at 99 Cents Only Stores. Gonthier will remain with Dollarama during a transitionary period and Richard Anicetti, interim CEO of 99 Cents Only, will return to his position as board member once Gonthier arrives.
Prior to joining Dollarama in 2007, Gonthier spent nine years in different executive positions at Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc, operator of the Circle K convenience store chain. Gonthier’s final role there was senior VP, Eastern North America.
“The growth of 99 Cents Only Stores has been outstanding for the past several quarters and we are excited to bring on Stéphane as our president and CEO to help us capitalize on our recent accomplishments and guide the company toward long-term success as a leader in the extreme-value category,” said David Kaplan, chairman of the board and senior partner of Ares Management LLC, operator of 99 Cents Only.