- Dollar General to open 625 stores in 2011
- Dollar General’s net jumps 34%; plans 625 stores and 550 remodels in fiscal 2012
- Dollar General’s Q4 profit more than doubles; Opening 625 stores in 2011
- Dollar General Q2 profit edges up, to expand into three states, and launch e-commerce
- Dollar General to make California debut
Chesapeake, Va. -- Dollar Tree Inc. reported Thursday that profit for the quarter ended July 28 soared 26% to $119.2 million, compared with $94.9 million in the year-ago period.
Sales rose 10.5% to $1.7 billion, just missing Wall Street’s expected $1.71 billion. Same-store sales grew 4.5%.
However, the company’s outlook fell short of Wall Street expectations, saying that it expects revenue between $1.71 billion and $1.75 billion in the third quarter while Wall Street expects $1.77 billion.