- Dollar General to open 625 stores in 2011
- Dollar General’s net jumps 34%; plans 625 stores and 550 remodels in fiscal 2012
- Dollar General’s Q4 profit more than doubles; Opening 625 stores in 2011
- Dollar General Q2 profit edges up, to expand into three states, and launch e-commerce
- Dollar General to make California debut
Chesapeake, Va. -- Dollar Tree Inc. reported a higher-than-expected profit for the fourth quarter ended on Jan. 28. But the chain forecast quarterly earnings and sales below Wall Street estimates amid rising gasoline prices and increased competition from larger rivals.
For the quarter, net income rose to $187.9 million, from $162.5 million a year earlier.
Sales rose about 12.8% to $1.95 billion. Same-store sales were up 7.3%.