- Dollar General to open 625 stores in 2011
- Dollar General’s net jumps 34%; plans 625 stores and 550 remodels in fiscal 2012
- Dollar General to open 625 stores, add 6,000 jobs in 2011
- Dollar General Q2 profit edges up, to expand into three states, and launch e-commerce
- Dollar General’s Q4 profit more than doubles; Opening 625 stores in 2011
Englewood, Colo. -- The Western Union Co. and Dollar General Corp. said that they have executed an agreement to begin offering two Western Union general-purpose reloadable prepaid cards at Dollar General’s more than 10,000 stores in 40 states.
Dollar General is now offering the Western Union MoneyWise and co-branded Western Union Telemundo cards.
“Prepaid cards are growing in popularity as a useful money-management tool, and we’re happy to offer them in our stores as an added convenience for our customers,” said Todd Vasos, Dollar General’s executive VP, division president and chief merchandising officer.