- Dollar General to open 625 stores in 2011
- Dollar General to open 625 stores, add 6,000 jobs in 2011
- Dollar General Q2 profit edges up, to expand into three states, and launch e-commerce
- Dollar General’s net jumps 34%; plans 625 stores and 550 remodels in fiscal 2012
- Study: Dollar store boom good for retail landlords
New York -- Dollar General Corp. will open 635 new stores in 2013, creating some 6,000 jobs. The chain will also relocate 550 stores this year.
With the addition of these jobs in 2013, Dollar General said it will have created approximately 30,000 jobs in the last six years.
“Dollar General’s continued growth reflects our customers’ increasing satisfaction with our everyday low prices and convenience,” said Rick Dreiling, Dollar General’s chairman and CEO. “Further, 2013 will mark another growth milestone as we plan to open the organization’s 11,000th store before the year’s end when we will begin our 75th anniversary in 2014.”