- Dollar General to open 625 stores in 2011
- Dollar General to open 625 stores, add 6,000 jobs in 2011
- Dollar General’s net jumps 34%; plans 625 stores and 550 remodels in fiscal 2012
- Dollar General Q2 profit edges up, to expand into three states, and launch e-commerce
- Dollar General’s Q4 profit more than doubles; Opening 625 stores in 2011
Goodlettsville, Tenn. -- Dollar General Corp. announced the opening of its 10,000 store, giving the retailer a coast-to-coast presence for the first time in its history. The location is in Merced, Calif., and is due to officially open on Saturday. It will be Dollar General’s fifth store to open in California.
“Opening the doors of our 10,000th store is a meaningful day for all of us at Dollar General, and we are excited to celebrate the occasion in California,” said Rick Dreiling, Dollar General’s chairman and CEO.