- Dollar General to open 625 stores in 2011
- Dollar General’s net jumps 34%; plans 625 stores and 550 remodels in fiscal 2012
- Dollar General Q2 profit edges up, to expand into three states, and launch e-commerce
- Dollar General to open 625 stores, add 6,000 jobs in 2011
- Dollar General’s Q4 profit more than doubles; Opening 625 stores in 2011
Goodlettsville, Tenn. — Dollar General Corp. announced that it plans to open its first stores in California in 2012 following successful expansions in such other western states as Arizona and Colorado in recent years.
“Our California stores will mark a significant milestone for Dollar General, giving us a coast-to-coast presence for the first time,” said Rick Dreiling, chairman and CEO.
The California announcement comes on the heels of the company’s planned expansions into three new states in 2011 — Connecticut, Nevada and New Hampshire. California would be Dollar General’s 39th state.