- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
Dallas -- The Howard Hughes Corp. and Dillard’s announced that the department store is the latest anchor to be part of The Shops at Summerlin, in West Las Vegas Valley. Dillard’s will build a two-level, 200,000-sq.-ft. foot in the center, with opening scheduled for fall 2014.
The Shops at Summerlin, when complete, will include retail, entertainment, office, hotel and multi-family residential, designed to create a walkable urban core in the heart of the 22,500-acre master planned community. It will feature over 125 stores and restaurants in an open-air shopping environment with pedestrian thoroughfares and engaging storefronts.
In September, the Howard Hughes Corp. announced Macy’s had signed on as the first anchor tenant at The Shops at Summerlin, which is anticipated to open in late 2014.