- Dick’s Q4 income jumps 30%; 34 stores on tap for 2011
- Dick's Sporting Goods profit, sales up in Q1; 37 stores on tap
- Dick’s Sporting Goods announces store openings
- Dick’s to open 40 stores in 2013 and debut Field & Stream format
- Dick’s sees 53% profit surge in Q1, raises outlook; to open 40 stores in 2012
Pittsburgh -- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. reported Tuesday that net income for the quarter ended Oct. 29 surged to $41.5 million, from $16.9 million in the year-ago period.
Revenue rose 9% to $1.18 billion from $1.08 billion, beating Wall Street’s anticipated $1.16 billion in revenue.
Same-store sales rose 4.1%.
During the quarter, the retailer opened 19 Dick’s Sporting Goods stores; for the full year it opened 36 new Dick’s, remodeled 14 Dick’s and relocated one Golf Galaxy store, completing its 2011 store development program.