- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Tim Hortons to open 300 U.S. stores by 2018
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Youngstown, Ohio Cafaro Co. said it has been named “Developer of the Year” by Dick’s Sporting Goods, which opened four new stores in Cafaro shopping centers in 2010.
Dick’s executives called Cafaro “a standout developer, going above and beyond others in facilitating a deal or deals. Cafaro was selected because of their commitment to redevelopment of their properties, their fair business dealings, and a willingness to understand the business proposition from a retailer’s perspective: working with us on signage and other details that we view as critical to the success of our stores.”
This is the second year Dick’s has presented the award.
In April, Dick’s debuted a 60,000-sq.-ft. store at South Hill Mall (Puyallup, Wash.), followed by an August opening at Governor’s Square Mall (Clarksville, Tenn.) In November, Dick’s Sporting Goods will open at Kentucky Oaks Mall (Paducah, Ky.) and Kennedy Mall (Dubuque, Iowa).