- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- MasterCard partners with Wired to offer ‘in-content purchasing’
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Target data breach may affect 40 million customers
Beachwood, Ohio -- Developers Diversified Realty Corp. announced a new gift-card partnership with MasterCard Worldwide in Puerto Rico.
The MasterCard program, called the Isla Plus Card, represents an extension of a significant, long-term partnership between the two companies in Puerto Rico. The Isla Plus Card is designed to promote even greater acceptance among merchants and consumers, and provide the flexibility consumers demand in gift-card programs.
"We are very pleased to partner with Developers Diversified to launch our new gift card," said Ricardo Perez, VP Latin America & Caribbean commerce development for MasterCard Worldwide. "Because the Isla Plus Card can be used everywhere MasterCard is accepted, the recipient has significantly more options to redeem, making the card an ideal gift for family and friends in Puerto Rico, as well as those living in or traveling to the United States."
Developers Diversified is the largest retail landlord in Puerto Rico, owning and managing 15 shopping centers on the island. Collectively known in Puerto Rico as Centros Isla, these shopping centers total 5 million sq. ft., and together these centers are nearly 97% leased.