- Tesco scores big with virtual grocery stores in subway stations in South Korea
- Mothers Work Changes Name to Destination Maternity
- Golfsmith to make international debut in South Korea
- Mothers Work to Streamline Brands in Strategic Restructuring
- Report: Starbucks to triple stores in China by 2015; open 700 outlets in South Korea
Philadelphia -- Destination Maternity Corp. announced the opening of two namesake stores and two shop-in-shops in South Korea.
The freestanding locations, in the cities of Koyang and DaeJeon, are the chain’s first stores in South Korea and were opened by partner Agabang & Co.
Destination Maternity has granted to Agabang & Co. the exclusive rights to operate branded retail locations and market merchandise under the company's Motherhood Maternity, A Pea in the Pod, and Destination Maternity brands in South Korea under a multi-year franchise agreement.
The deal with Agabang is the third such international franchise relationship entered into by Destination Maternity since 2008. The other two agreements involve stores in the Middle East and India. Currently, Destination Maternity has 61 international franchised locations, including 48 shop-in-shop locations and 13 Destination Maternity branded stores.