- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
- OfficeMax accelerates e-commerce innovation
Charlotte, N.C. -- Beachwood, Ohio-based DDR Corp. has announced the opening of Belgate Shopping Center, the company's first ground-up domestic development in over four years.
Belgate is a 100% leased, 900,000-sq.-ft. prime power center located in Charlotte, N.C., anchored by Ikea, Walmart and a complimentary lineup of junior anchors including Marshalls, Ulta, Old Navy, Petco, Cost Plus World Market, Hobby Lobby and Shoe Carnival.
Belgate is strategically located along Interstate 85, the primary thoroughfare connecting Washington D.C., and Atlanta, and features the only Ikea store between these two major metro areas, extending the project's trade area to more than two million shoppers.
DDR previously announced the acquisitions of Cotswold Village and Carolina Pavilion in Charlotte. With the opening of Belgate, DDR now owns and manages four million sq. ft. of GLA in Charlotte.