- Starbucks' new Teavana Fine Teas + Tea Bar format debuts in New York City
- CSA conference debuts real estate track; Container Store, Starbucks, Macy’s among retail speakers
- TCBY in long-term deal with Lone Star Yogurt to open 200 stores
- Starbucks serves tasty Q3 results as profit rises 25%
- Whole Foods Market to build greenhouse atop Brooklyn store
New York -- The Dannon Co. on Monday made its first entry into the restaurant business with the opening of The Yogurt Culture Co., in Manhattan.
The restaurant is located at 125 Park Ave., between 41st and 42nd streets. It offers small-batch premium yogurt (as opposed to the company’s pre-packaged product that is sold in grocery stores) and fruit purees and other toppings.
Additional fare includes frozen yogurt, fresh-pressed juices, natural beverages and yogurt-based, fresh-baked pastries. Take-out cases offer sandwiches made with yogurt cheeses and organic meats, and fresh salads made with creamy yogurt dressings.