- Starbucks to expand evening alcohol sales; plans Oprah chai tea
- Whole Foods partners with Instacart for one-hour delivery in 15 cities
- Starbucks plans 1,500 new stores, expanded offerings
- Starbucks to roll out wireless charging stations in stores nationwide
- Starbucks’ La Boulange opens first L.A. store
New York -- The Dannon Co. on Monday made its first entry into the restaurant business with the opening of The Yogurt Culture Co., in Manhattan.
The restaurant is located at 125 Park Ave., between 41st and 42nd streets. It offers small-batch premium yogurt (as opposed to the company’s pre-packaged product that is sold in grocery stores) and fruit purees and other toppings.
Additional fare includes frozen yogurt, fresh-pressed juices, natural beverages and yogurt-based, fresh-baked pastries. Take-out cases offer sandwiches made with yogurt cheeses and organic meats, and fresh salads made with creamy yogurt dressings.