- Sears Holdings equipping store associates with iPads and iPod Touch devices
- Apple’s Ron Johnson to become CEO of J.C. Penney
- Setting up an iPad Kiosk With iOS 6: Five Easy Steps
- Jones Group implements Epicor Retail Mobile Store enhance ops, service
- IHL report details growing use of tablets and impact on POS
Woonsocket, R.I. -- CVS/pharmacy announced Monday the launch of a first-of-its-kind interactive iPad app, delivering a virtual 3-D digital drugstore experience for Apple iPad users.
With the new app, CVS customers can explore a virtual 3-D CVS/pharmacy and access services from the pharmacy, ExtraCare, photo center and MinuteClinic, as well as browse departments to shop.
"Our app makes it unbelievably easy for customers to shop, fill prescriptions, manage their ExtraCare accounts and more through a highly personalized experience and 3-D realism," said Brian Tilzer, SVP and chief digital officer for CVS/pharmacy.
Available for free on iTunes, the CVS iPad app incorporates an interactive, user-friendly, virtual CVS/pharmacy interface that relies on gesture-based movements that are native to touch-screen tablet environments. Tapping on popular areas of the store from the home screen will launch mini apps for different parts of the store, including:
- Pharmacy services with enhanced prescription management;
- ExtraCare with coupon center that allows shoppers to sign in for savings and rewards;
- Catalog-style shopping;
- A photo center that allows app users can upload photos from their tablet camera roll to be printed for pickup that very same day at a local CVS/pharmacy; and
- MinuteClinic location and informational services.