- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
Laval, Quebec -- Alimentation Couche-Tard, parent of Circle K Stores, has signed an agreement to acquire up to 322 sites, plus an additional 65 reseller contracts, in Southern California, from ExxonMobil Corp. The purchase price was not disclosed.
“These stores are high volume, high impact locations,” Tim Tourek, Couche-Tard’s VP of operations for the west coast division, said in a statement. “They would significantly strengthen our overall footprint in this important market.”
Once the deal is complete, Couche-Tard will have 543 company-operated and reseller-operated stores on West Coast, nearly doubling its current stable of 315 Circle-K branded sites.
The company-operated sites would be operated under the Circle K brand and the entire network would be part of Couche-Tard's West Coast Division network. The dealer-operated locations would continue to be operated by current dealers.